10.20.2011

Speaking Now.

Taylors swifts most recent CD, Speak Now, is a collection of letters she never sent and made them into songs. Taylor Saids:

'Speak now or forever hold your peace,' the words said by preachers at the end of wedding ceremonies all over the world, right before the vows. It's a last chance for protest, a moment that makes everyone's heart race, and a moment I've always been strangely fascinated by. So many fantasize about bursting into a church, saying what they'd kept inside for years like in the movies. In real life, it rarely happens.

Real life is a funny thing, you know. In real life, saying the right thing at the right moment is beyond crucial. So crucial, in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But lately what I've begun to fear more than that is letting the moment pass without saying anything.

I think most of us fear reaching the end of our life, and looking back regretting the moments we didn't speak up. When we didn't say 'I love you.' When we should've said 'I'm sorry.' When we didn't stand up for ourselves or someone who needed help.

   These songs are made up of words I didn't say when the moment was right in front of me. These songs are open letters. Each is written with a specific person in mind, telling them what I meant to tell them in person. To the beautiful boy whose heart I broke in December. To my first love who I never thought would be my first heartbreak. To my band. To a mean man I used to be afraid of. To someone who made my world very dark for a while. To a girl who stole something of mine. To someone I forgive for what he said in front of the whole world.




These are my letters to family, friends, mentors, and boys who never heard what I have to say:


Dear Margret,
You have not only inspired me to be a better wife and mother but a Godly women, You are a beuatiful example of biblical womenhood. I love your family so much and you have meant so much to me and my sisters. We thank you. We love you.

Dear Emily,
Your my sister. My Best friend. My favorite person in the whole wide world. You make me smile whether we are cooking, laughing, hanging out, drinking coffee, or snuggling together and sharing deep secrets. Girl, you will always have a perfect place in my heart and soul. You mean a lot to me. I wish you still lived in my room with me, but now you live hundreds and thousdans of miles away, but it's always an excue for a road trip. I love, love, love you.

Dear Lauren,
You have been my faithful friend for over 10 years. We've both been through our first loves, first heart breaks, conversions, and those first scary teen years together. I Wish I could tell you what a wreck I would be without your shoulder to cry on or your words of biblical adivice. I know wherever I go, I'll always call you at night so I know someone is there for me.

Dear Guy with Beautiful eyes,
Please stay there for me. I don't care if you've seen my most embaressing moments or the awkward smiles we exchange. I really don't care about the time I slipped in front of you. that's because you've always smiled at me and made everything in the world better. You like to make me smile and that makes me warm inside. Just promise one day we can cuddle under a fleece blanket by the fire together under mistletoe.

Dear Someone,
We should talk. I can never really see you and me  working out but maybe. Just keep the quitar playing and maybe the music will cause me to start dancing.


Thanks all for now, but I soon will be returning.
You can speak now too! just comment and share your link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the bomb.