5.10.2012

The Avengers Movie Review

On my list of yop movies to see in 2012 this was one. All the hype after movies such as Captian America, Iron Man, and Thor it seemed all their fans were coming together for this one. I confess I am a super hero fan very much. My personal favorites have always been the orginals (Yes, I am super hyped about the new Batman and Spiderman movies...AHHHH!!!), but the avengers have always been favorites too. I was pleased with all their new movies and was excited about this one. But I guess I better tell you my thoughts after the movie....

We went to see the movie saturday afternoon. I was very pleased with the movie, yet at the same time it lacked a deep plot like I wanted. It came across a comedy...as weird as that sounds. The whole thing was full of jokes and I laughed. But I did not except it to be a comedy. The whole idea sorta took me off guard.
But in all I enjoyed the movie. I LOVED it, it was just not what I thought it would be.

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man in "The Avengers."
Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr. Played this guy. I saw the first Iron Man movie a couple of years back and it wasn't my favorite personally. I felt like I really was not a fan of him in his own movies but in this one he was just awesome I have to say. Actually it made me rent Iron Man 2 and watch it with my sister Racheal. We both agreed afterwards that he was the best in Avengers.

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in "The Avengers."
He was so sarcastic and the one who really made me laugh...hard.
Mark Ruffalo as The Incredible Hulk in "The Avengers."
The Hulk: I was a little worried about the Hulk. I mean I thought they would make him way too chessy or way too serious. I never cared to see the 2008 film about the Hulk personally. In all I was wowed by Mark Ruffalo's performance. He gave the Hulk a new sort of personality that gave him character. I think he might have been one of my favorites. Well I mean I liked them all....

Mark Ruffalo as The Incredible Hulk in "The Avengers."
They did well with his design, they gave him face a sort of gentleness to his giant self. I approved ;)

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers in "The Avengers."
Captain America: Oh, Cap. I haven't seen this guy since his movie hit. I loved the Captain America Movie. The World War 2 feel made me feel at home with the vintage-ness. Well at the end he gets frozen and awakens in modern days. I was interested to see how he was in Avengers, adpated a new era. In a way he was kind of the odd-ball cause he was the most serious of the team, yet he maturity balanced it out and I really loved his character.

Chris Evans as Captain America in ``Marvel's the Avengers.''
Chris Evans, the handsome actor who played him saids, "It's just about him trying to come to terms with the modern world. You've got to imagine, it's enough of a shock to accept the fact that you're in a completely different time, but everybody you know is dead. Everybody you cared about. . . He was a soldier, obviously, everybody he went to battle with, all of his brothers in arms, they're all dead. He's just lonely. I think in the beginning it's a fish-out-of-water scene, and it's tough. It's a tough pill for him to swallow. Then comes trying to find a balance with the modern world."

Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanova/Black Widow in "The Avengers."
Black Widow: I thought she was a nice balance to the team of boys. She was not too feminist. I liked her. I enjoyed her friendship with Hawkeye and her hair. I really liked her hair! She didn't do much action though. Which I liked.


Thor: I've been a fan since his movie and I have to say he seemed well...
out of place in this one. Just the whole demigod thing. But I think he was still awesome. Cause all the avengers didn't really belong with each other cause they all had their own movies, their own girlfriends, their own stories and I was concerned on how they would all fit together. But they did a good job with a few out of place moments. Thor was kinda not in the spotlight. But I was still wowed by his performance.


Hawkeye: He was the only one I was not familar with. And he was my favorite, well except for Captain America. He literally made me smile the entire movie! I'm ready for his own movie to hit theaters...or  I hope they make one. I'll be there opening night!


Loki: I hated him. He reminded me of Wormtongue from LOTR. His evil plan was kinds dumb though I confess...
seriously.

Conclusion: I liked the movie. I didn't think it deserved to be the biggest opening weekend ever. ALso the movie was completely...clean. I mean nothing super bad in it! I was shocked.
Also there was no romance, which I understand. I mean all these guys had love instrested in their own movie so it would be odd to work all the girls in this one movie. Still my girly side wanted a kiss or two. haha

Did you see the movie? Tell me your thoughts!
null

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the bomb.