1.31.2013

Thursday Interviews: Elisha

 
Featuring Elisha from There is Joy


 To begin, tell us a bit about yourself, what inspired you to begin blogging, and what has inspired you to continue.
Well hi there, I'm Elisha. I'm a photographer(Elisha Brooke Photography), a believer in ice cream, pink, vintage and singing. I began blogging a year ago just for the fun of writing and meeting people, and over time I've learned so much from people I've met online and my style in many things has changed!

Do you have any goals for the upcoming year? What gave you a desire to make these goals?
I'd love to meet up with say.. 5 bloggers? I love meeting new people, and I've met one blogging friend so far. I think it's cool to meet someone after following them, and getting to know them.

 Define inspiration (to you).
Inspiration is the pulse of your heart beating, the sunshine on your face, the adrenaline before an audition. Whatever makes you want to get up and DO.

 Where do you get the most inspiration daily for your photography/writing?
A (real-life) friend of mine Katelyn McKay inspires my photography. :) www.katelynmckay.com

 Every life is a story. What lesson do you think people could learn from yours?
That everyone has their faults, struggles, etc.. And we have to cope with them, and learn from them.

 If you could travel anywhere in the world, at any time, where and what time?
The Bahamas. Now.

What are you looking forward to most in the next year?
My photography business growing and getting closer to friends!

 What's one of your favorite memories? Why? What does it mean to you?
So many memories are close to my heart but one is especially -- Going to Nicaragua on a missions trip! It touched/broke my heart.

 If you knew you were going to die, what would be on your must-do bucket list?
Pray.

 If you could jump into one book or movie, which one?
LES MIS. OH YES.

Picture this. Your going on adventure. But you can only take three things. What would you choose?
My camera, water and Jess(www.jjyourstruly.blogspot.com) She's a ball of fun.

What's your favorite quote of all time?
"A picture is worth a thousand words". It's true for me! Being a photographer, I think that a picture can portray the moment.

 What do you plan on pursing as a career currently? What sparked this?
Photography! ; Looking at other people's work made me want to do something like them.. Capture moments!

 If you made a soundtrack/mixtape of you life what songs would be on there?
I Knew You Were Trouble, I Dreamed A Dream, Amazing Grace.

What do you want to remembered as?
Someone who made a difference -- who sought after and captured the essence of living.

We live in a culture that often sucks us in to not being ourselves. What helps you stay genuine?
Looking back at my previous years, and seeing how unhappy I was trying to conform and failing.

Where do you see you in 5 years from today?
Hopefully booking sessions, learning new things, and traveling.

 As we finish, tell us what advice you'd give to yourself (if you could) on the day you began blogging.
Never change yourself for the people reading. Stay true to yourself, and don't fake anything. Be passionate about things that matter to you -- that are close to your heart.


Thanks so much, Elisha!

5 comments:

  1. I loved her last answer! This was a great interview :)

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this interview! Would you be able to interview me, Maya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in the future! I'll keep you in mind. Right now, I already all my interview spaces filled for this interview series.

      Delete
  3. Loved this.
    Elisha, you're beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bomb.