2.07.2013

Thursday Interview: Bleah

                                  
                                                       Featuring Bleah from Lovely

 To begin, tell us a bit about yourself, what inspired you to begin blogging, and what has inspired you to continue.
When I started blogging I was 13, almost 14 years old, and I didn't know at the time what I liked doing. As odd as that sounds, I had my hand in a lot of different hobbies but I hadn't found my nitch yet. I started my blog because a photographer (an adult and mother) had a blog and she offered to help me make one. To be completely honest my blog was pretty barren and with good reason for the first year, but after that I started realizing thanks to readers feedback as my popularity grew that I loved writing. While I did try my hand at photography, I always came back to writing and blogging has really helped me grow a skill I plan on turning into a career one day.
 
 Do you have any goals for the upcoming year? What gave you a desire to make these goals?
My goals for the upcoming year are just really to finish up and start up, if that makes any sense at all. I turned 18 at the beginning of this year (a January baby) and I'm in my second semester of college, and it's just very important to me to get a clear path as to where I'm going from here.
 
Define inspiration (to you).
Inspiration is a momentary vision, or a scent, or a touch, even a taste -- it's a sound that you hear when you're not expecting to hear it. It usually comes when you stop looking for it, and it fills your mind with the incentive to create.
 
Where do you get the most inspiration daily for your photography/writing?
Usually from music, reading, and putting myself in social situations.
 
 Every life is a story. What lesson do you think people could learn from yours?
I think that my story isn't very unique and not as simple or as black and white as I like to make it sound sometimes. I suppose the advice that I can give to you based on my life experience is that you often regret the things you don't do more than the things you do. But in whatever you're doing, you're more likely to learn from it over all if you make a point of being considerate and not hurting those around you while you pursue your passions. Love a lot and forgive even more, it'll do you a lot of good. But never ever become anyone but yourself.
 
 If you could travel anywhere in the world, at any time, where and what time?
I would love to go to Germany today and explore. That or the Netherlands.
 
What are you looking forward to most in the next year?
The Summer and hopefully taking a couple adventures out of state. Possibly seeing the love of my life whom I haven't seen since we got together.
 
What's one of your favorite memories? Why? What does it mean to you?
One of my favorite memories would have to be getting my cat, I know that's cheesy. But she's my cat, my baby, and I love her.
 
If you knew you were going to die, what would be on your must-do bucket list?
I would want to go skinny dipping. I would want to go to Europe, get married, finish my novel.

 If you could jump into one book or movie, which one?
I would jump into Perks of Being a Wallflower and become best friends with Charlie, of course.

Picture this. Your going on adventure. But you can only take three things. What would you choose?
Tooth Brush, duh.
My ipod/headphones.
and my copy of Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler.
 
What's your favorite quote of all time?
"this world is but a ship and not thy home" -unknown

What do you plan on pursing as a career currently? What sparked this?
I want to be a factual journalist, probably freelance. Write articles for History and Science columns as well as possibly pursue writing textbooks and things like that.
 
If you made a soundtrack/mixtape of your life what songs would be on there?
My top three favorite songs happen to be:
Brandy Alexander by Feist
Your Song by Mayday Parade
and A Heart Full of Love from Les Mis.

 What do you want to remembered as?
Passionate. Classy. Someone who could love and forgive anyone. Someone who smiled a lot. I would like to be quoted when I die.
 
We live in a culture that often sucks us in to not being ourselves. What helps you stay genuine?
I have to keep in mind that being fake won't surround you with true inspiration, true friends, or genuine opportunities. It's important to me to stay true to myself despite what society says.

Where do you see you in 5 years from today?
Married, in a loft, writing.

 As we finish, tell us what advice you'd give to yourself (if you could) on the day you began blogging.
Write, darling. Just write your heart out and don't worry about the readers. They'll come if you're being true to yourself. Also, don't use multicolored fonts, and make your photographs larger!



Thanks, Bleah! I hope you all enjoy her answers as much as I did :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice interview! :)

    Hey Maya, I saw this post and thought it might come in handy for you guys:

    http://bebrower.blogspot.com/2013/01/tips-for-engaged.html

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice interview!

    P.S. I'm hosting my 100 followers giveaway if you would like to enter!
    http://www.alifeworthliving-katherine.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bomb.