2.28.2013

Thursday Interview|Raquel

 
Featuring the lovely Raquel from God's Daughter

 
To begin, tell us a bit about yourself, what inspired you to begin blogging, and what has inspired you to continue. I am a writer, aspiring singer, abolitionist, freelance model, and blogger.  I began blogging as a form of ministry to the youth of my generation and as an outlet for writing on topics that I felt the LORD wanted me to share with others.  Inspired me to continue?  God...and the support of my fans and readers.  Comments make blogging worthwhile.

 Do you have any goals for the upcoming year? What gave you a desire to make these goals? Getting my license...memorizing a book of the Bible...writing more posts on my blog this year than last.  I think they’re pretty self-explanatory. haha

 Define inspiration (to you). Inspiration can come in many different forms.  A thought, a word, a song, a verse.  It’s anything that is beautiful to you.  Anything that touches that inner chord deep inside of you that gives you an overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness.  Inspiration makes you want to do something - anything!  Every great person started out with a thought, a desire, and an inspiration to fulfill their dream.

 Where do you get the most inspiration daily for your photography/writing? God...friends...Pinterest...other blogs.

Every life is a story. What lesson do you think people could learn from yours? I think John Newton said it best: ‘...two things I remember very clearly.  That I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.’  That defines me and my life too.

 If you could travel anywhere in the world, at any time, where and what time? I’ve never really thought of a ‘time’ to do it, but I definitely want to visit...Japan, Italy, France, Spain, England.

 What are you looking forward to most in the next year? Seeing what God teaches me, getting my license, and my trip to Washington D.C.

 What's one of your favorite memories? Why? What does it mean to you? When my Dad gave me my purity ring.  Because it was something that I’d been wanting to have - a physical, concrete object to symbolize my commitment to purity.

 If you knew you were going to die, what would be on your must-do bucket list? Oh goodness...it’s between recording my own album or publishing a book.

 If you could jump into one book or movie, which one? Book: the Hunger Games trilogy.  Movie: pretty much any of the Marvel movies.

Picture this. You’re going on adventure. But you can only take three things. What would you choose? May I please take 4 things??  They’d be...my Bible, my best friend, my horse, and my iPod.

What's your favorite quote of all time?  My favorite quote kind of changes from day to day or week to week.  My current favorite is a new one I found by Craig Keener:

‘To acknowledge that God has the right to decide whether to grant or refuse a request is not a lack of faith.  It is the ultimate act of dependence on God’s compassion and takes great trust and commitment for a desperate person.’

 What do you plan on pursing as a career currently? What sparked this? I honestly don’t have any ‘career’ interest.  My dream has always been to be a wife and mommy...ever since I was about 4 years old.  How I raise my children is a legacy that will carry on for generations to come.  It’s one of the biggest ministry opportunities that God could have ever possibly blessed two people with.  I also love music and writing...though I’ve never viewed it as a ‘career’.  It’s something I hope to pursue now as an unmarried woman, and even when I am married (if my husband doesn’t object;)

If you made a soundtrack/mixtape of you life what songs would be on there? 
Oh dang, what a FABULOUS question! Here goes...

Divine Romance - Phil Wickham

All I Really Want is More of You - Lincoln Brewster

Closer - Shawn McDonald

You’ll Never Be Alone - Capital Kings

Can’t Get Over You - Anthem Lights

There are so many more I could add, but those are the top few that I can think of:)

What do you want to remembered as? A woman completely sold out to her LORD and Savior, striving to live her day to day life according to His will and rejoicing in reaching out to others and showing them God’s love.

 We live in a culture that often sucks us in to not being ourselves. What helps you stay genuine. God.  He constantly reminds me that I am unique, not to try to be like others because He MADE me different, and He loves me just the way I am.  I’ve kind of gotten over the ‘self-conscious’ stage where I’m always worried what people think of me.  I’m too weird and crazy to really care now:P

 Where do you see you in 5 years from today?  LORD-willing married...maybe with a child...and doing some sort of ministry through music.

 As we finish, tell us what advice you'd give to yourself (if you could) on the day you began blogging.  You’re gonna get a lot of hate emails and comments, but don’t let it get you down.  God has a plan through all of it.  And every negative response you receive, only means that you’re doing something for Him.  Don’t give up.
 
 

 

 

1 comment:

Comments are the bomb.