3.21.2013

Thursday Interview|Neeley

 
Feauturing Neeley from Run Free.

To begin, tell us a bit about yourself, what inspired you to begin blogging, and what has inspired you to continue.
Hey, there, blogging world! I'm Neeley and I blog over at Run Free.
What inspired me to start blogging is the fact I am an aspiring writer, but I have a fear of sharing my words with anyone. So blogging was a way to force myself to write for others. What keeps me going is the same fact. I always need to be writing something and blogging helps a lot. Blogging helps me a lot in that area of my life.

Do you have any goals for the upcoming year? What gave you a desire to make these goals?
Finish my book. After that, just seek my Savior and live an adventure.
 
 
Define inspiration (to you).
Inspiration is the little things in life (and the big things)  that sparks a feeling. Sometimes it's a summer campfire, or the stars, or heavy nostalgia, or the smell of books, or the look of a stranger in subway, or the first step out of an airplane. All these things mean something in an oddly beautiful way.
 
Where do you get the most inspiration daily for your photography/writing?
Reading, thinking, stargazing, coffee shops, and all the other beautiful things in this life.

Every life is a story. What lesson do you think people could learn from yours?
I still have a lot of life to live and a lot of stories to create so who knows what I'll have to say at the end of my days. But right now, I think my life story would be simply another prism reflecting His light. I was once a shy unsocial girl who was a pro-wallflower. But God, rich in mercy, called me to be a saint. By looking at the way, I was radically brought out of my shell....you can see His infinite faithfulness.
 
If you could travel anywhere in the world, at any time, where and what time?
Now, I'd love to go to Iceland, Alaska, or Norway. I'm obsessed with the Arctic.
But if I was able to go anywhere at anytime, I'd love to go to Jerusalem while Jesus was alive and teaching. Perhaps after He had risen.
 
What are you looking forward to most in the next year?
Going on a mission trip this summer. And I'm also just excited about the adventure's this year holds that I don't know about yet. I love the uncertain.
 
What's one of your favorite memories? Why? What does it mean to you?
Our youth retreat last year. Coming into it, I was struggling with bitterness towards relationships in my life. But God really transformed the hearts of every teen there. It's incredible to remember the last night, where everyone was praying, and remember my tears of thankfulness after over a year of prayer for stronger relationships.
 
If you knew you were going to die, what would be on your must-do bucket list?
I'd finish my book. I'd go see the Nothern Lights. I'd go to every city in the world.
 
 If you could jump into one book or movie, which one?
Harry Potter. I mean, seriously. Who wouldn't? ;)
 
Picture this. You're going on adventure. But you can only take three things. What would you choose?
My journal, my camera, and someone to share the adventure with.
 
What's your favorite quote of all time?
“Some wish to stay within the sound of church or chapel bell. I’d rather run a rescue shop within a
yard of hell.” – C.T. Studd
 
What do you plan on pursing as a career currently? What sparked this?
I'm going to follow my calling to be a missionary. My Dad is very involved in missions, which always made me interested. But the older I get, the more I realize every single Christian is called to the nations. And then, a mission trip last summer made me realize missions is truly what I feel His glory the most in. I can't wait to see where God leads.
 
 If you made a soundtrack/mixtape of your life what songs would be on there?
 
The Hymn, Be Thou My Vision, is my life anthem.
Also:
This is Home//Switchfoot.
Hopeless Wanderer and Below My Feet//Mumford and Sons.
It's Time//Imagine Dragons.
Only Life//The Shins
A collection of Les Mis songs.

Also a collection of sounds, like certain voices's whispers, the echo of cars in the city, and the strumming of my brother's guitar would create my soul-mixtape.
 
What do you want to be remembered as?
My only desire is to be remembered as one who ran free, despite the storms of life. One who lived radically for the Gospel, even into death.
 
Where do you see you in 5 years from today?
a college student, sitting in a coffee shop, writing.
 
As we finish, tell us what advice you'd give to yourself (if you could) on the day you began blogging.
Don't be afriad to be youself. So many times I didn't publish everything in a post I wanted to, because I was afraid what my readers would think.

IMG_3076
 
 Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I just now saw this, but GREAT answers Neeley!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bomb.