10.12.2012

i miss the beautiful

Tumblr_m0e542qjdc1rpxu67o1_500_large
“You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” --John Green


today, the breeze is coming in just ever so slightly. right now, i miss them so hard. i miss home. i miss germany. i miss the people that made my life. the idea of leaving all that, then coming here to find change and find myself suddenly is becoming hard. it's strangely lonely. sure, there are millions of people here. none of them are the ones I want and the ones I very much miss. you cannot truly discover how much you love anything until you learn the depth of missing them.

i miss the way you laughed. i miss the way you cried. i miss the way your hair went flying in the wind. i miss the way you said my name. i miss the way every rainy day was paradise. i miss the days when life seemed like something beautiful that would never end. i miss sitting on the beach and doing nothing but loving the fact we were together. i miss the way i never could understand anything but i knew i was happy. i was happy. i miss your beautiful eyes. i miss the way you looked at me with those beautiful eyes. i miss the nightime city lights. i miss the way the coffee tasted. i miss the car rides. i miss the days on the lake. i miss the days traveling. i miss the days suffering. i miss the way your arms feel. i miss being with you.

mostly, i miss my old life. i miss the beautiful life we all lived together. we were the closest any friends could be. we were family. we were infinite. we were gold. we were fierce.

now we've all gone on seperate paths. and i miss the beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Same here, I can totally relate to this. :/ I've had people come into my life and have left abruptly, but there were times it was mostly my fault. Sometimes I wish I could have done things differently back then, but as Corrie ten Boom once said,

    "Every experience God gives us, every person He puts into our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."

    Hope this quote was encouraging to you. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this. :/
    Just like Nela said, I've had people come into my life and have left abruptly. Don't worry though, God knows best! =)



    P.S. Who won your giveaway? just wondering

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bomb.