12.27.2012

After The Last Tear Falls

 Pinned Image

As I look back upon Christmas this past week, I realize it's not the joyful day it is for me for everyone...

What about those families mourning over the loss of their Children after the shooting? What about every wife and mother who lost a man in war this year? What about the families stuck by the Batman shooting in Colorado? And what about all those in the silence? All those who secretly ache in pain, who self-injure, who give into drugs...

We live in a world of pain. We live in a world full of broken people. Often it takes a shooting to realize the pain out there.

Yet we have a promise. These things will pass away.

Last Christmas was rather hard for me. I was overcoming the loss of my best friend. The last thing I wanted to do was celebrate Christmas. But on Christmas Eve, I was reading my bible when a verse hit me. One I had read many times before, but seemed suddenly so new...

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Crying and mourning are a thing to pass away. The pain of this world results of man's falleness. And through the cross, Christ has conquered death. Death and pain are to be no more.

One day Christ will forever defeat death for "The last enemy to be destroyed is death" (1 Corinthians 15:26).

And he shall wipe every tear from our eyes.

Yet still we live in a fallen world. A world where we will be hurt. Pain, sadness, mourning, tears aren't sin. They are naturally to our lives. But Christ will conquer them.

Pain is something I tried to be stronger than for years. I tried to heal. Deep inside, I knew the only thing that could heal me was God and His timing. I know so many others feel this same desire to heal. Can I just tell you the glorious thing He revealed to me? Pain is not a part of God's kingdom. It will be gone with the new world.

So this is to every human being who is in pain these Holidays, to all those who cry but no one hears, to all those broken lovers...God has promised to wipe every tear from your eyes and let you dwell with Him forever. Only just a little longer, and we will be able to be with him. He will wipe every tear from our eyes and our hearts. We shall rejoice then and forever.

1 comment:

Comments are the bomb.